Friday, February 19, 2021

How I came to New Zealand

 This short story is about how I got to 

New Zealand By Jia


It all started when my Mum wanted to study in a different country. 


She tried exploring closer countries for her studies. She first started applying for Australia, but for some reason she realised that Australia is not for her. Afterwards, she tried New Zealand. She sent a letter to one of the Universities in New Zealand and she received some good news. She received an acceptance letter to study there. We are very happy for her and for our family because we know that her dream of studying abroad was for the betterment of our family. Eventually, she left the Philippines and we sacrificed a year of not being together. It was not easy for all of us but we had faith that time would come that we would all be together again happily in a year’s time.


My Mum was working here in New Zealand while she was studying. She said that it was not as easy as she thought it would to work and study at the same time. However, she said that it was fulfilling. She was able to manage and balance work and study. I cannot be more proud of her when she got an Academic Excellence Award from her University. Her hard work has paid off. 


After 1.5 years, my Mum was ready to bring both my Dad and myself out to New Zealand. I was really excited! When my parents told me that we are all set to live in New Zealand, the first thing that came into my mind was New Zealand is a wonderful country, and it was. New Zealand did not disappoint me. This country is beautiful and amazing! 


So we set a date to fly to New Zealand.  Me and my Dad were really excited and we were in a great mood and so was my Mum! We are together again as a family now. My Mum was right, she left us to study so I could have a brighter future. I am happy being here in New Zealand.


Did you know that it was in 2017 when my Mum came here in New Zealand! I was about to turn seven years old at that time and I was 8 years old when I joined her here in New Zealand. I spent my first  birthday in New Zealand on the 9th of September in Hobbiton. I found it to be very cool. 


After being here in New Zealand for one year, I am proud to be a young kiwi! 


No comments:

Post a Comment