Monday, August 10, 2020

Tivaevae Patterns Description

This is my Tivaevae Mat. 

I used two different coloured papers, scissors and glue and I used a pencil to draw my designs.

I am pleased with my Tivaevae Mat because it shows off the Pasifika patterns and it shows rotation.

I found this task a little hard because it’s really hard to cut out the patterns.

I made my Tivaevae mat by making a square using A4 paper, drawing the patterns and cutting the design out and gluing the coloured paper as a background.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Jia,

    My name is Farah and I am from Hay Park School - Tuffery Class.
    I love the patterns on your Tivaevae and the colours look really nice together.
    I like how you put a picture of what it looks like, also I like how all sides look the same and not random patterns and just like you said it shows rotation. Where did you learn how to make it? How long did it take you? You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Farah! I learned this from my teacher Miss Paton and it took me a minute to make it. It was very fun! You should try make Tivaevae Mat.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete